Pages

April 6, 2013

Antenatal Classes: to book or not to book

I keep thinking about a conversation I had with my MIL a few weeks back. She was asking me if I had thought about antenatal classes yet. Well I haven't. This is my 2nd pregnancy however I didn't go to any classes the first time either- I knew I had to have a c-section so that's how I justified it- like, what's there to prepare for?

Anyway, to save myself having to go into the reasons why I'm pretty sure I will not be going to any classes I just told her I'm not sure. MIL then went on to tell me not to make Hubster go if he doesn't want to, and not to make him be at the delivery of he doesn't want to!!!! Ummm, I'm pushing a baby out of my vagina- he will do whatever I say thanks!

So with the antenatal classes- I feel it may be a good idea to get Hubster ready. In my opinion nothing can prepare you for what your going to experience giving birth, but if Hubster can retain some information on how to support me then it may be worth it. Apart from that reason I can't really see the point.

My birth plan is to take the drugs offered, breath and listen to the doctors. That's pretty much it... Nothing to type up and laminate here!!

So a question to you other mummy's out there- did you go to antenatal classes? What did you learn? And would you recommend?

2 comments:

  1. I went and didn't learn a thing. This is where I should say I am quite the organized person and may or may not have researched the crap out of birth and birthing g techniques ( I wanted natural as possible but that was just my preference). That is where the research ended though and my parenting journey has been learn as I go :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't go, and I don't think I missed out on anything. But then again, I ended up with an emergency c-sect under a general so wasn't aware of anything, and nothing I would have learnt in classes would help in that situation. Like Nathalie, I did a lot of research on my own, had a wonderful online mums group where we were all due around the same time, and I've learnt everything just by doing it :)

    ReplyDelete