Pages

April 7, 2013

My Pregnancy Glow- Rant

So you may have seen the movie "What to expect when your expecting". My favourite character, and the one I can really relate to is Wendy, played by Elizabeth Banks. All Wendy wanted was "the glow- the one they promise you on the cover of those magazines". Then she calls it... "Pregnancy sucks".

Well I'm having one of those days. You know the kind of day where your legs hurt, your belly aches, you have all sorts of cramps, baby keeps kicking your bladder meaning your going to the bathroom even more then usual (if that's possible) and don't even get me started on the heartburn. Yea, one of those days.

But seriously, what's up with heartburn? No amount of Mylanta seems to be doing the trick. Before I fell pregnant I didn't even know what heartburn was but now I can't seem to get rid of it!!! I feel like my insides are on fire from my belly up!!

To top it all off, I, like Wendy, know a lady who is the real "magical pregnancy unicorn". She is pregnant with triplets and is experiencing pretty much NO pregnancy symptoms. None of the bad ones anyway. No heartburn, no increased appetite, barely no weight gain, nothing is swollen, not uncomfortable in any way. Oh and my favourite, NO STRETCH MARKS.

Like I didn't have enough stretch marks after my first pregnancy, the universe decided they missed a few spots and thought they would give me some fresh ones.

Pregnancy is a miracle, I am blessed... However I think ill be happier when baby girl has finished baking. Lets be serious, being pregnant and creating a little person is really really hard.

1 comment:

  1. Pregnancy isn't easy but it so worth everything you have to go though before holding your baby.

    ReplyDelete