Pages

April 17, 2013

Guilty of enjoying Squeak being sick!

Well it has been a HUGE week.

Last Wednesday I got sick. Little sick in the stomach and the flu. So its safe to say I have done only what I absolutely must do this week.

By Sunday, Squeak started getting very sick. His temperature kept rising, bad cough and all he did was lay on the lounge and sleep- he couldn't even be bothered complaining about what we watched on tv! it was serious.

DAY 1- Ok so sucks that Squeak is sick, and sure its bad to see him like this- but gee its nice to have a break. I can watch whatever I want, read a mag, try to recover myself and I don't have to listen to his whining. Little angel just sleeping on the couch ill just keep his fluids up and give him medicine when needed. Too easy!!

DAY 2- Visit from the MIL. Still sick. Seems a little more talkative today. I already went to the DR for myself a few days ago and he said it was just a virus and to rest up... so will continue with my plan. Squeak eats a little dinner that night, good man he must be on the menz.

Day 3- Ok so we are still just on the couch. Getting worried now. Actually he seems worse today. High temps, cough is much worse, vomiting  OH NO.  Go to the Drs. Dr can hear something in his lungs. Get antibiotics. Go and get a chest X-ray done. Have to wait till tomorrow for the results. Spend the rest of the night watching him breathe and reading horror stories of kids who died from pneumonia.  I also feel really really terrible and think I should have gone to the DR earlier. Bad Mum!!!

Day 4- Call DR first thing. His lungs are clear. Just need to keep doing what im doing. Squeak gets out of bed a different child. He is refreshed, awake, eating, playing, destroying, making mess, being loud- yep he is back. Gosh that was quick.

Ok so it did really suck that you were sick, I hated seeing you that ill and I was worried- but now that I know you fine and its just a bug- cant you just be sick on the lounge 1 more day??? Mummy needs a nap!

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain, I had the flu last week and kindly handed it over to my two year old!
    New follower from the hop, hope you can stop by sometime: http://www.mommysjuice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. new follower from TGIF Blog Hop.

    Jen
    http://www.jenstangledthreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I HATE when my kiddos are sick! Hope everyone is feeling better! New Bloglovin' and GFC follower! Would love it if you checked out and followed my blog :)

    Celena
    http://mystayathomemamalife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete