Pages

April 12, 2013

The Baby Girl Diet

Its no secret i'm pregnant with a baby girl and couldn't be happier. However when I tell people that I was on 'The girl diet' prior to conception they are shocked, and didn't even know there was such a thing. 

We really would have been happy with a boy or a girl... we were just praying the baby was healthy. And if you have ready this post you will understand why we were so worried about health issues. However I thought, after losing a baby girl, a girl sure would be nice- So I went on the girl diet figuring it couldn't hurt. I thought I would post about what I did exactly in case any of you other mummy's or mummy- wannabes want to try. There really is MUCH MORE you could do.... I just did the easy things. 
Image from Google Images


A diet high in potassium and sodium will favor a boy. A diet high in calcium and magnesium will favor a girl. The idea is to make the environment favor boy/girl sperm to give them a better chance at fertilizing the egg. So with my diet here is what I did:


  • 2 Months prior to TTC I took prenatal vitamins and folic acid
  • Calcium and Magnesium supplements (or eat food high in calcium and magnesium- I took the lazy option)
  • Cranberry supplements
  • Increased dairy intake
  • Ate more chocolate (bummer, right?), sweets and fresh vegetables. 
Image from Google Images


Thats is for my diet. Now there is also a way to sway for a certain gender by timing intercourse. I used the Shettles Method. The idea is that boy sperm doesn't live very long, but are faster then girl sperm- so if you DTD on the day of ovulation you are more likely to have a boy. Girl sperm are slow, but live much longer. So the idea is that if you DTD a few days before ovulation, by the time you ovulate there will only be girl sperm waiting as all the boy sperm would have died. Here is what we did:

  • DTD leading up to ovulation and stopped 3 days before ovulation. 
  • DTD in the missionary position (Shallow penetration favors girls- they are stronger and can make the journey).
  • No orgasm- The alkaline when you release favors boys. That would cancel out all the hard work with the diet. 
Image from Google Images

Like I said I just did the easy things you can try to have a girl. Who even knows if it really did work, I had a 50/50 chance anyway right? But I figured it couldnt hurt, and at least I know I tried. 

If you are thinking about going on the boy or girl diet just make sure you do PLENTY of your own research. The website In-Gender is a great resource and place to chat to others doing the same thing. 


9 comments:

  1. Following you from TGIF blog hop
    http://fitsinglemom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! I didnt even know you could do this, I thought it was old wives tales! Congratulations to you and your family and best wishes for the safe arrival of your daughter xx I

    ReplyDelete
  3. ongratulations on the pregnancy of your baby Girl! You can find the Girl and Boy Gender Diet plans plus supplements to he lp conceive the gender of your dreams at: www.boygirldiet.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I have 5 children - oldest is a girl, had twins girl / boy, and then 2 boys after that. We lost our twin girl when she was 3 months old. We desperately want another girl and will be trying this method.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Girl Diet can be purchased at: www.boygirldiet.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I did all this and I am having a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a couple questions, if I may! At what point of the day, would you take the supplements? Morning, noon, night? Would you take them all-together?

    Did you have to wean yourself off of the cranberry? I've heard that it's a blood thinner and should never be quit, cold turkey. Leading to blood clots and heart arrhythmia.

    What type of chocolate? Just any old fashioned Hershey's bar?

    Any help is appreciated! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy and Girl Gender Diet's can be purchased at: www.boygirldiet.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will really appreciate the writer's choice for choosing this excellent article appropriate to my matter.Here is deep description about the article matter which helped me more.

    food to avoid in Low Fat Diet

    ReplyDelete