Pages

April 10, 2013

The Scary Nana Radar

My mother has always been a little, err, scary in the mornings- and during the night for that matter. I remember when I was younger you would always feel so privileged to be able to sleep in mums bed with her. Well im not sure why I always put myself through it. It would go something like this:


  • Get into bed with mum... we both get comfy, lights out.... damn... need to move. Roll over. Get yelled at- 'STOP MOVING.' 
  • 5mins passes.... need to move again. Lay there stiff as a board with fear mum will kick me out if I move- all while thinking, I NEED TO MOVE. 
  • Mums moving, this is my opportunity- I roll over at the same time. 
  • Crap... I didnt have enough time... this isnt right, I still need to move... Ill just risk it and move. Mum- 'If you move 1 more time your going back to your own bed'
This all continues for about 30mins until I finally decide its not worth the stress and I will just go back to my own bed.

My brother, sister and I also knew not to bother mum in the mornings. She was NOT a morning person thats for sure. She needed a good half hour to have a cuppa and wake up before we spoke... at all. 

Well recently my mother has actually moved in with me. I am pass the whole 'being scared of my mum while she sleeps or just wakes up' phase... however it seems squeak has a 'Scary Nana' radar built in. 

The 1st morning she woke up here squeak was being extremely quiet upstairs. I went up to see what he was doing... there he was standing at the end of Nanas bed just watching her sleep. Not making a sound. I said why dont you hop in give Nana a cuddle (it was around the time she wanted to be woken up anyway). He looked at me like I was crazy!! Instead, he grabbed a shirt and threw it on the bed from a distance. 

Its funny how kids just sense these things. He will not go near Nana first thing in the morning... And to be honest im not really sure why she is always totally fine with him in the mornings... in fact she will try to talk to him and he will come running to me...  it really is like she is just omitting 'Scary Nana Morning Vibes'.  




No comments:

Post a Comment